Interpretation of Poem One - "Mending Wall" by Robert Frost

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Blog 2 "I Dream a World" by Langdon Hughes

'I Dream a World' is a hopeful poem with a subjective and personal style. The persona, who I would think to be Hughes, is writing about his wants for our developing world...

"I dream a world where man
No other man will scorn"

"I dream a world where all
Will know sweet freedom's ways"

Hughes repeats 'I dream a world' as though trying to make a statement. He also has two types of boundaries; Moral Boundaries, such as our greed, and Racial Boundaries, such as the colour of our skin doesn't matter.
Hughes uses language tequnigues such as similes...

"And joy, like a pearl"

And personification...

"Where wretchedness will hang its head"

To get the readers of the poem thinking. He also uses a ryhme scheme of 'abcb'. I enjoyed reading this poem and hearing the views of Hughes, which i couldn't agree more with.


Michael Parkes 8.1

No comments:

Post a Comment