Interpretation of Poem One - "Mending Wall" by Robert Frost

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

She Who Knows No Boundaries, By LaTiefa Alston

The poem "She Who Knows No Boundaries" by LaTiefa Alston explores emotional, spiritual and moral boundaries. The persona speaks in a strong and assertive tone about how she grew up and how she's now an individual who knows no boundaries.

The way she uses repetition of "I" tells you that it is about her own life personally and really gives it meaning and understanding:
"I was raised by a...
I was born into a...
I have tried to...
I was taught to..."

The author also makes the ending really emphatic with the conclusion:

"A fortnight, dedicated individual who knows NO BOUNDARIES!!!"

That conclusion really emphasizes her good frame of mind and helps you imagine the way she thinks about boundaries and her childhood.

By Kaylee Ayscough


No comments:

Post a Comment