Interpretation of Poem One - "Mending Wall" by Robert Frost

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"She Who Knows No Boundaries"

In the poem "She Who Knows No Boundaries" by LaTiefa Alston, there are emotional, moral and spiritual boundaries. The tone is very strong and the style is quite personal.

Throughout the poem there is a repetition of "I".

I was raised by a ...
I was born into a ...
I lived where the...
I have tried to...
I was taught to...
I have grown to be...
I lived by the rules of ...

This is used to make the statements very clear and to celebrate the speakers life.

There is also a emphatic conclution in the poem.

A forthright, dedicated individual who knows NO BOUNDARIES!!!

The speaker has done this to make her statement very clear and she is saying that she is a dedicated individual so she knows no boundaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment