Interpretation of Poem One - "Mending Wall" by Robert Frost

Thursday, March 25, 2010

'She Who Knows No boundaries'

The poem 'she who knows know boundaries' by LaTiefa Alston explores emotional and spiritual boundaries. The persona speaks in an assertive tone explaining what she believes in and how she was brought up.

'I have grown to be
A proud Spelman based women
With a spiritual base,
Who isn't quite religious,
But won't forget who's in charge.'

'I was taught to love the lord,
Have always known and given unconditional love,
And am finally learning to love myself.'

The persona strongly believes that she is an individual that knows no boundaries. LaTiefa uses visual image to descibe the persona's mother. The use of the repetition of 'I' expresses the persona's feelings in a personal style.

'I was born...
I lived...
I have...
I was taught...
I have grown...
I live by...'

'I was raised by a...
Strong, religious, educated,
"I marched on Washington and take nothing from no one"
Type of woman.'

Hayley Bard

No comments:

Post a Comment