Interpretation of Poem One - "Mending Wall" by Robert Frost

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

She Who Knows No Boundaries

In the poem 'She Who Knows No Boundaries' by LaTiefa Alston many boundaries are touched upon. One of these is an emotional boundaries. An example of this is:
'I was taught to love the Lord
Have always known and given unconditional love
And am finally learning to love myself.'

Another type of boundary in this poem is moral boundaries. An example of this is:
'I live by the rules of...
Treating others as i want to be treated
Remembering who i am and what i represent
And understanding that "To whom much is given, much is required"

The syle of this text is subjective personal and the tone is assertive and strong.

A language technique used in this text is the the repetition of 'I' affirms the speaker celebrating her life.
I was....
I was....
I have...
I live...
Another language technique used is the emphatic conclusion. the text concludes with:
'A forthright, dedicated invidual who knows NO BOUNDARIES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment