Interpretation of Poem One - "Mending Wall" by Robert Frost

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Blog One- 'She Who Knows No Boundaries' by LaTiefa Alston

The poem " She Who Knows No Boundaries" by LaTiefa Alston explores, emotional, spiritual and moral boundaries. The persona speaks in a proud, assertive and strong tone filled with pride and passion.

' I lived where the village raised the child,
Went to school where the students and teachers feared my "angry Black"
presence'

The pesona has obviously had to over come many boundaries during her childhood, incuding racial boundaries at school. The persona draws on her emotions from the past to help her be what she is today.

'It is with these ideas and this understanding of myself
That I have grown into
What my name and survival tactics have produced ...
By Dean Maher

No comments:

Post a Comment