Interpretation of Poem One - "Mending Wall" by Robert Frost

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

She Who Knows No Boundaries by LaTiefa Alston

The poem "She who knows no boundaries" by LaTiefa Alston explores many boundaries. Some of which are emotional, spiritual and moral boundaries. A good example of a moral boundary.
I live by the rules of...
Treating others as i want to be treated,
Remembering who i am and what i represent,
And understanding that "to whom much is given, much is required."
The persona repeatedly uses "I" which clearly affirms her celebrating her life. Due to her using "I" repeatedly the style of her writing is obviously very personal.
I was raised by a...
I was born into a...
I lived where the village raised the child...
LaTiefa uses a strong, assertive writing style . This is modelled by her repeatedly using "I" and here quite emphatic and extreme ending.
A forthright, dedicated individual who knows NO BOUNDARIES!!!
This poem is quite different to all the others we have blogged because of the personal writing style.

No comments:

Post a Comment