Interpretation of Poem One - "Mending Wall" by Robert Frost

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

She Who Knows No Boundaries by LaTiefa Alstin

The poem "She Who Knows No Boundaries" was written by LaTiefa Alston
It is about a black girl who has no immediate boundaries.
Although reading the poem you can pick up a few she might struggle with.
"I was taught to love the lord,
Have always known and given unconditional love,
And am finally learning to love myself."
That was a quote out of the poem statinga strong emothional boundarie.
She states that she is finally learning to love herself, meaning that she
has previously struggled to do.
"I have grown to be
A proud Spelman woman
With a spiritual base, Who isn't quite religious,
But won't forget who's in control."
Is referring her connection to the Lord,
which then follows to be a Spritiual boundarie.
"I live by the rules of...
Treating others as i want to be treated,
Rememering who i am and what i present,
And understnding that 'to whom musch is given, much is requried'. "
The last quote is a strong moral boundarie.
She wants to follow her own rules but also wants to treat others with the right respect
and she also wants to give as much as is required.
The repition of the word "I",
I was...
I lived...
I was born...
I was taught...
I have grown...
I live...
Shows the reader that the speaker is celebrating her life and that she
is proud of everything she has grown up to become.
The style that has been used to describe this poem is very subjective and personal.
While the tone is assertive and strong. Too different dynamics joined to make one great poems.
The conclusion the author, LaTiefa Alston, has used is an empatic conclusion, to show that she has no boundaries
"A fornight, dedicted indvidual who knows NO BOUNDARIES!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment