Interpretation of Poem One - "Mending Wall" by Robert Frost

Monday, March 15, 2010

LaTiefa Alston's - She Know No Boundaries

LaTiefa Alston unlike all of the other composers has written her poem about herself, celebrating her life this is confirmed by the repetition of the word I at the start of every paragraph except for the last two.

I was raised by a...
I was born into a...
I lived where the village raised the children,
I have tried to...

In writing it from her own perspective Alston has been able to write the text in a strong and assertive tone delivering a confident feeling to the reader. The assertiveness of the text is backup by the her emphatic conclusion in stating that she knows no boundaries.

A forthright, dedicated individual who knows NO BOUNDARIES!!!

Boundaries are also present in this text. Moral boundaries are present in regards to the fact that Alston lived life by the rules.

Treating other as I wanted to be treated,
Remembering who I am and what I represent,
And understanding that "to whom much is given, much is required"

Emotional boundaries in regards to loving and that God love is given to everybody unconditional and that she loved herself as well as God.

I was taught to love the Lord,
Have always known and given unconditional love,
And am finally learning to love myself.

This show that everybody should love and be loved unconditionally. This means a lot from the point of view that LaTiefa Alston is writing from.

No comments:

Post a Comment